Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Goodbye Peanuts...

Ok.. So Sunday morning I wake up and make half a peanut butter sandwich till everyone is up and ready to make breakfast (mom and dad came to visit for the weekend) well all morning I couldn't stop itching. That afternoon we went to our friends Jill and Clays house to grill out and I started having this itching spell again. So we go home and I had been craving boiled peanuts, so I make myself a bowl and watch the movie "The Holiday", well Andy is somewhere in the house doing laundry (he really was :) ) so I eat a peanut then my lip starts itching, so what do I do I eat another one, then my lip itches again so this goes on for almost the whole bowl, when I finally decided something didn't seem right I went into Andy and said "Babe, I think my lip is swollen." His eyes got real big and said go sit down I am going to call my mom. Well Andy doesnt get startled by much so I knew something wasn't right. So after getting in touch with my dr. I took a dose of Benadryl (which of course knocked me out for the night) Andy was such a good husband, he set the alarm every couple of hours to check to make sure I was still breathing ok in my sleep and that my tongue wasn't swelling up. Well, we wake up the next morning and no better. So, after an ER visit and a F/U visit with my Dr. today they concluded I have developed a peanut allergy, so for the rest of the pregnancy I can't eat any peanuts or anything that has peanuts in it. Talk about a lifestyle and diet change. The one time I am supposed to be able to eat whatever is in sight and not worry about weight gain and I can't do it, haha Well of course I don't really care whatever is good for baby. Also at my appt today to check on baby I got to hear the heartbeat, it was so cool to hear. Andy wasn't able to make the appt, but we go back next Wednesday so he will get to hear it then, we both can't wait till then. Thats all for now, hope everyone is well. Thinking of you all!

Love,
Hilary and Baby Burrow

1 comment:

  1. Awwww... Hilary, I am so sorry. That must have been scary, but it sounds like you kept your cool. Glad you got to hear the heartbeat. I loved that sound...it was music to my ears. Have fun at the next appointment!

    ReplyDelete